Wednesday, December 19, 2012

My Favorite Color Is Pink Anyway


"Live like there's no tomorrow"... Oh to throw my cares to the wind and  live carefree! I'd do everything I've ever wanted to do, consequences be damned!

"Tomorrow is guaranteed to no one." ... Well, let's go to Vegas, baby! ... and put it all on red!  Let's just party  today, because tomorrow may never come!

"Eat, drink, and be merry, lest tomorrow we die."
... Oh yeah!! live it up, my friends, because tomorrow we will all be dead!

That all sounds AWESOME!  So...

What happens if tomorrow ...... we aren't  dead?

We actually  DO wake up the next morning , the world hasn't ended and we  just put everything on red! EVERYTHING ...on RED!? ... and now there's another DAY to get through?!

... and that's why,  I plan on  tomorrow, because chances are, the sun will come up, and I'll have to face another day.  I can only hope that I planned it well enough that it will go smoothly.  If not,  chances are fairly high, that the sun will dawn again the next day and I'll get another chance to get it right.

I believe in tomorrow, I think that makes me an optimist.  I believe there IS a future, and if I know where I want to end up,  I'll know what path I'll need to take to get there.

I may look like an old fuddy-duddy, by playing it safe .... and by using words like "fuddy-duddy"... but at least if/when I wake up tomorrow  I'll be glad I planned,  and didn't put it all on red.

No comments:

Post a Comment