Thursday, March 17, 2011

Getting Out

I'm sure many have said it one way or another, but I think Mark Twain is cool, so I'll quote him.  He said, "It's easier to stay out than get out".

In this time of great change in my life, I have come to the realization that I have an addiction problem. I know this may come as a shock to many of you who think I am super-awesome, but nonetheless, we are all human and fall way short of perfection.  So, "let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone", (that was NOT Mark Twain, ...or Billy Joel.  That was Jesus, who was also pretty cool).

So, I ask of you, my friends, that you keep me in your hearts and minds, as each day passes, that I may be strong and abstain from this addiction that has had a hold of me for many many years. I have tried to quit many times,  but it keeps dragging me back in!  Today was day one,... again.  It was difficult.  I was a just a liiiiitle cranky, but as the day winds down I realize that I have won today's battle, but tomorrow is another day, and the war will continue on.  I must remain strong and vigilant and not give in to temptation. 

Diet Coke will NOT defeat me!  I WILL get out of it's grip! And let this be a warning to all of you... don't even start,  just stay out-trust me, it really is easier to STAY out, than it is to GET out.

........ I AM pretty thirsty, though.....

1 comment:

  1. He he he....laughing all the way home. You had me going there for a minute. I was thinking something pretty serious. We will, for sure, keep you in our hearts and hope for success. In all seriousness...any substance/habit is worth overcoming if it consumes you. Way to go. Be sTRONG!

    ReplyDelete